LocationNJ, United States
Experience levelExperienced Hire
sectorFinance, Control and Strategy
Apply before Date not available
AXA's Corporate Tax Department is searching for a Manager - Tax to join our team. This incumbent will be responsible for compliance, tax accounting and tax planning across a variety of legal entities and accounting basis. Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing/reviewing financial statement entries and tax returns and making recommendations to optimize tax benefits.
- Add value to the AXA Tax department by thinking strategically, applying tax theory to actual issues and mentoring junior staff.
The AXA Tax Department is a close-knit group of accountants and attorneys that handles all tax matters for AXA US. The Department encourages collaboration, fosters camaraderie and provides development opportunities. Tax personnel gain exposure to senior leadership and are encouraged to proactively develop their knowledge base both on tax matters and AXA/Insurance industry issues.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting with a focus on Taxation in required. CPA/Masters in Tax or JD/LLM preferred.
- 3+ years of tax experience in the life and/or property & casualty insurance industry or in a tax practice of a major accounting firm working with life insurance companies.
- Technical expertise and/or experience in life insurance tax and tax accounting preferred (SSAP 101, ASC 740 and, preferably, IAS 12).
- Premium tax and sales and use tax experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Corptax a plus.
- Proven strong analytical skills required.
- Flexibility, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to partner and build strong working relationships with senior Finance leadership.
- Strong team approach when working with colleagues.
- Independent thinker with self-initiative.
- Skilled at clearly and succinctly articulating written and oral communications and tailoring it to the specific audience.
ABOUT AXAWe have been providing stability and reliability to our clients since 1859 to help them live their lives with confidence, to give them peace of mind, and enable them to realize their dreams for their loved ones and their legacy.
As an employer AXA is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels completely comfortable bringing their true selves to work every day. AXA US has been recognized and certified as a great place to work by the Great Place to Work Institute.
We provide our employees opportunities to move within our organization so they can grow their career and skills without ever having to leave AXA. Almost 40% of our open jobs are filled with current employees.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.