Date Posted: 2019-04-08-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
The sky has no limits.Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
We have an exciting and meaningful opportunity for a dedicated Structures Engineer to be based in Middletown, Connecticut and supporting the 30K High Pressure Compressor (HPC). In this role, you will provide structures analysis for commercial and military programs, with responsibility for the durability and structural integrity of gas-turbine compressor components. This includes airfoils, rotors & shafts, cases, and actuation linkage systems.
As Structures Engineer you will:
- Provide analytical support for preliminary & detailed design, through development, validation, certification, manufacturing and operational service. Cover validation testing (engine and rig) and data-reduction.
- Support in-service field investigations.
- Use FE and classical methods for strength, stress/deflection, vibration, fatigue life, damage tolerance, containment, kinematic and optimization analyses.
- Participate on multi-discipline teams to provide design solutions that balance customer requirements for durability, performance, cost and weight.
- Collaborate to advance technology and improve engineering standard work processes/methods.
- Document and present results to management and internal customers.
10% travel is anticipated
To be successful, you should will have the following:
- BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 2+ years of experience in structural analysis
- US Citizen due to government program requirements
- Experience with fatigue/fracture analysis
- Analytical skills using FEM for stress/deflection and vibration analyses
- Experience with jet engine or high speed rotating parts
- ANSYS knowledge
- Ability to build meaningful relationships and craft clear communication
Inclusion Powers Innovation:We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.