Date Posted: 2019-04-02-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: HWA32: US124-Everett (Commando), WA 11404 Commando Road , Everett, WA, 98204 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Role OverviewThis position supervises a team of entry to intermediate level Field Service professionals or supervisors of Field Service Technicians. Manages day-to-day priorities in solving client issues received by the team. Optimizes manpower and resources, responds to complaints of customers, and escalates key issues to senior management.
- Coordinates, prioritizes and resolves issues encountered by a more experienced team.
- Optimizes the usage of manpower, standard time, equipment and energy of more experienced team.
- Escalates critical/complex issues that will impact the business.
- Manages more experienced team according to established programs and objectives.
- Quality Issue Management
- Contacts customer, collects feedback, and establishes and maintains good relationship with customers.
- Responds to key customer complaints and carries out customer satisfaction investigations to ensure establishment of appropriate improvement plans.
- Performs a variety of duties, including but not limited to servicing, operating, maintaining, repairing and removing equipment.
- Conducts technical analysis of product implementations, modifications and enhancements to products in accordance with specific customer specifications.
- Manages technical products, services, logistics and provisioning, quantity surveying, and configurations to assigned customers.
- Troubleshoots technical problems and issues and recommends actions to company or customer representatives.
- Assesses product needs in accordance with customer specifications.
- Acts as local on-site UTC representative to the customer's organization.
- Manages statement of work to meet customer and contract requirements
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.