Data Scientist I
Location: Morton, IL, United States
Date Posted: Jul 31, 2020
DescriptionAt Caterpillar, we're working to help our customers build a better world. We wouldn’t be the Caterpillar we are today without the exceptionally talented, bright and driven people who get the job done. This is your chance to help us make progress possible around the world – for our customers, for growing communities and for every member of our team. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Product Support and Logistics Division as a Data Scientist I in Morton, IL.
Product Support and Logistics DivisionWe’re committed to our customers, who build a better world with our products, services and solutions. We understand and show the value of why they should always choose us. We’re exploring new ideas and opportunities – innovating to discover the breakthroughs necessary for tomorrow’s growth.
And we are one team – creating and delivering world-class components and solutions superior to the competition.
As a Data Scientist I, you willsupport the Caterpillar Logistics effort in achieving the dealer’s inventory/customer service objectives in a manner consistent with Caterpillar Logistics objectives through project work.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for providing business and system support to PIC Support Leads.
- Provide standard Service Analysis and Loss Analysis as well as execute additional standardized analysis packs for PIC dealers for their regularly scheduled review process.
- Collaborate with PIC Support Leads and the PIC research team to identify potential enhancements to PIC support processes.
- Use extensive analytical skills for leading PIC Support research projects to develop enhancements to PIC planning and dealers’ support.
- Create/Improve PIC reports on various platforms to enable leadership to better monitor dealer performance.
- Monitor and report the dealer's inventory/customer service and work at the detail level to support PIC Support Leads in implementing improvement projects.
- Provide ad hoc analysis on dealer and leadership requests.
- Participate in green belt led projects and to serve as Subject Matter Expert on other projects
- Specific projects may include but not limited to investigating reasons for service loss, explaining inventory growth, assessing the value of alternative stocking rules, and determining impact on dealer Inventory.
- Mentor new team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mathematics, statistics, engineering or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years of previous technical experience in data analytics
- 2+ years of previous experience in Supply Chain
- Coding knowledge in SAS, R, or Python
- Knowledge of SQL databases and queries
- Demonstrated project management experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of groups including IT and dealers.
Additional Information:This position does not offer relocation
Location of this role is preferably Morton, IL - remote work will be considered for the right candidate
This position requires 10% or less travel.
This posting will close on Friday, August 7, 2020 at 11:59 pm CST.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
Job InfoJul 31, 2020
Similar JobsMorton, IL, United States
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Date Closed: Aug 8, 2020
Peoria, IL, United States
Date Closed: Aug 8, 2020