American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
The Assistant Manager is responsible to lead the accounting and financial reporting activities (including monthly/quarterly/annual financial/SOX audits) of AHM Automobile Business Segments L and II in accordance with IFRS/US GAAP/SOX.
- Manage and review AHM financial reporting and account analyses for Automobile Segment! and II with main focus on revenue recognition under SAB104 ($2B/quarter) and sales incentive programs ($2.5B spending/year)
- Coordinate with Business and Forecast groups to identify critical information on business strategies and performance from accounting perspectives and record/report to management, HM Japan, and KPMG
- Analyze new and existing business transactions and prepare accounting memos to determine AHM's accounting positions in accordance with IFRS/US GAAP guidance.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or related field
- 10+ years’ work experience in Accounting/Finance.
- Public Accounting or Accounting in distribution/mfg. companies and/or multinational companies
- Technical accounting analysis in accordance with IFRS/US GAAP and appropriate applications of the accounting guidance
- Management/supervising experience
- Solid knowledge/understanding of IFRS/US GAAP
- Ability to analyze business transactions, read legal documents, draw accounting treatment conclusions based on IFRS/US GAAP guidance, prepare accounting memos, and present the conclusions to management with accurate justifications
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.