Alcoa (NYSE: AA) is a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminum products, with a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa is built on a foundation of strong values and operating excellence dating nearly 130 years to the world-changing discovery that made aluminum an affordable and vital part of modern life. Since inventing the aluminum industry, and throughout our history, our talented Alcoans have followed on with breakthrough innovations and best practices that have led to efficiency, safety, sustainability and stronger communities wherever we operate.
About the opportunityDo you want to make a positive impact for the employees of Alcoa? We have an exciting opportunity at our Pinjarra Refinery for an experienced professional in the role of Health & Safety (H&S) Consultant on a permanent basis. The working roster is Monday through Friday, with the added flexibility of a leisure day every four-week period!
Our H&S teams provide support to employees at all levels within the Refinery. Reporting to the site H&S Manager you will integrate as a key contributor in the dynamic team instrumental in mentoring, coaching and developing work crews to improve their H&S performance.
You are accountable for, and will undertake the following duties:
- Developing and producing reports on Health & Safety issues,
- Conducting H&S audits, support development, implementation and maintenance of key H&S strategies,
- Assisting and advising management on areas of concern, providing vital support and advice during investigations and major incidents,
- Developing and coordinating training programs in response to needs of the Refinery and H&S requirements,
- Proactively review performance measures, and determination of action plans to address gaps, and
- Lead our employees on a variety of H&S projects and activities with a focus on continuous improvement!
About youTo play a part in our ongoing success we are seeking someone with:
- Tertiary qualifications in the Environment, H&S field or related subject area
- Strong Health & Safety related experience, ideally in an industrial environment.
- Knowledge and application of legislative standards to ensure Alcoa’s compliance to H&S requirements
- Excellent interpersonal and interpersonal skills enabling you to lead people in the continuous improvement of health and safety systems, and performance.
Why Alcoa?Our values – act with integrity, operate with excellence, care for people – are at the foundation of everything we do.
At Alcoa we strive to create an inclusive workplace where employees can bring their whole selves to work regardless of their background. We know it starts and finishes with you, which is why our value ‘care for people’ is so important to us. It ensures not only your physical safety but also provides an inclusive and welcoming workplace for people from all walks of life, encouraging diversity of thought from each and every person.
We embrace change, new ideas and promote a culture of respect and equal opportunity. Our employment programs, underpinned by diversity and equality, continue to be recognised and rewarded. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, women and LGBTIQ+ job seekers.
As an Alcoa employee, you will embark on growth opportunities and can truly make a difference being part of an organisation that respects and considers flexibility whilst empowering you with stimulating and challenging work.
Flexible work arrangements may be considered, please let us know when you apply if this is something you are seeking.
What’s on offer?
- Excellent remuneration package
- Monthly Leisure Day
- Benefits allowance
- Performance related bonus (variable)
- Industry leading superannuation
- Industry leading parental leave scheme
- Paid annual volunteer hours
- Employee Assistance Program
- Novated car lease scheme
- Employee groups including the Social Club, Alcoa Women’s Network and EAGLE (Employees at Alcoa for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Equality)
Applications closeMonday 25 January 2021
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time.
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date.
- This position is available only to permanent Australian residents or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in Australia. Please ensure this information is clearly stated on your application.