Labor Management Analyst420 Harriman Drive Goshen, NY 10924
Something very exciting is underway in Goshen, New York. Due to open in 2021, LEGOLAND Park and Hotel in New York is Merlin’s biggest single investment to date and you could play a crucial part in this amazing project! We’re now looking for a unique person who has a passion for bringing the fun into the resort. This person will lead the way in Delivering the Magic as we bring the world’s ninth LEGOLAND Park to life brick by brick. You will support bringing the project to a bricktastic place filled with smiles!
About the Role:
- Build predictive business model(s) for forecasting labour allocation and operating budgets using historical (where applicable), live, and future data.
- Manages and updates algorithms to ensure accuracy in decision making for Central Planning.
- Collect and collate data needed for report creation in Excel and other software suites to make business decisions on scientific data.
- Day to day reporting and comparing reports for accuracy
In this role, you will:
- Forecasts park operations guest flow with use of various reporting systems to predict use of labour allocation and budgets.
- Builds business models for use in future budgets and assists in their integration into applications used by Central Planning and operating departments.
- Collect and collate data such as attendance, ride utilization, sales, labour, KPI, weather, etc. Manages master data sets, including creation, updates, validation, and deletion.
- Create reports and presentations as directed by the Head of Central Planning & Scheduling from single or multiple systems.
- Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Manage and design the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata. Suggesting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Provides technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Training end users on new reports and dashboards.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the Central Planning office and park as a whole.
- At least two years data analyst experience is required, preferably in a theme park, Hospitality, or other Customer Service centric environment handling large data sets.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in mathematics, business, or research science is preferred. A Bachelor’s is required.
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large scale databases.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Ability to work with park operations and stakeholders to assess potential risks.
- Ability to analyse existing tools and databases and suggest solution recommendations.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical/layman’s terms.
- Strong written and verbal communicator with technical writing skills.
- Open availability to be able to support theme park operational hours.
If you have the magic to create smiles and memories on a daily basis then you want to be Team LEGOLAND New York Resort.
Here at Merlin, we do it all for the love of FUN and if that wasn’t enough, we also have these magical benefits, exclusive to our awesome employees; Merlin Magic Pass which give you free admission to Merlin attractions, discount in our retail shops and restaurants, opportunities for career development within our exciting global organization, and much more!
Merlin Entertainments, plc is a business built on fun. We are the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator. We operate over 100 attractions, eight hotels and three holiday villages in 22 countries across four continents and we run some of the best known names in global leisure. These include the likes of SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, the Dungeons, the Eye brand, and LEGOLAND. Whether you are serving delicious food, working in the office, maintaining the attractions, entertaining guest or operating rides, the objective is to provide a truly memorable experience and a great day out for all members of the family.
We thrive on innovative thinking and big ideas!!! For that reason, this job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with this role. We create magic and invaluable experiences for our guests every day, and while this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of what you will do here with us, we cannot guarantee you that creating magical moments won’t come with new and amazing adventures that can make your day different! Come work with us and you will see how at LEGOLAND New York Resort no two days are the same.
LEGOLAND New York Resort takes pride in building amazing teams with diverse experiences and ideas, by driving inclusion and innovation in the workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type. We strive to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.