A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role:You will be responsible for the project management of assigned client project work, ensuring that timelines and all specifications of the project are fulfilled. You will utilise Project Management methodologies and interpersonal skills in all phases of the project execution.
You will be responsible for establishing, coordinating, and leading the project teams involved with their projects and ensuring clients are successfully engaged in Merck/Millipore Sigma systems and processes. You will work with Operations, QA, Orders Management, Sales and other departments as required across Merck/Millipore Sigma sites and divisions to ensure project delivery.
You will be responsible for developing and driving project schedules, timely and effective communication to all stakeholders (internal & external), maintaining a centralised file of key milestones and historical information, as well as monitoring and closing out assigned projects at completion.
You will be responsible for leadership of several projects at any one time. If any project is part of a larger program, you will be responsible for ensuring that the project meets the timelines and specifications of the program and information is shared with the Program Manager. You will work on Proposal based projects which include Cell & Viral banking, Viral Clearance and New Assay Development / Transfer / Validation.
You will lead projects from contract signature to final project delivery. You will be responsible for agreeing project governance, provision of the project schedule, risk register, stakeholder communication plan, meeting agendas & actions and maintaining a centralised file of key milestones with historical information following contract signature/approval, as required. You will develop client relationships and be responsible for monitoring and closing out assigned projects with Lessons Learned where appropriate.
You will identify and utilize the appropriate recognised tools to aid in the management and communication of your projects such as Microsoft Project, Excel & PowerPoint
Scope of Responsibility:
- Establish project team and initiate internal kick off meetings following handover from Account Management.
- Initiate client kick off meetings and agree project governance.
- Enable study initiation via iNet and LIMS and manage e-discrepancy communication if required.
- Facilitate communication with Order Management regarding the client’s orders & purchase order.
- Establish the schedule of each project to ensure timely completion. Communicate effectively with all project stakeholders.
- Communicate project milestones and priorities to enable coordination of project resource.
- Responsible for leading and reporting on the progress of the project & project milestones to the sponsor and stakeholders.
- Create project schedules, coordinate project tasks and resource requirements using PMP/Global PMO tools including risk registers/FMEA, Gantt charts, Work Breakdown Structure. Use standardised templates for meeting minutes, agenda, risk register.
- Lead and participate in internal and external project and client meetings, including project meetings, client visits & business review meetings, validation prioritization and huddles.
- Effective Hold Management knowledge and expertise (e.g., Resolution of pending purchase orders, closing information gaps, client requests and TAR discrepancies)
- Ensure projects are conducted within the scope and conditions of the clients Quality Service Agreement.
- Works to relevant regulatory practices i.e. GLP/GMP.
- Input to quality records as per relevant SOPs, regulatory guidance and/or QA with the client.
- Highlight any issues that may lead to a client complaint to the CPM Manager and other critical stakeholders in the company whilst ensuring any client complaints are dealt with through the formal complaint’s procedure.
- Communication of milestones for Custom Projects into S&OP forums, or equivalent.
- Conduct project closeout meetings and ensure lessons learned from projects and new knowledge is captured and maintained.
- Adheres to applicable safety SOPs and follows applicable safe work practices.
- Actively maintains a clean, tidy and safe work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors/Masters Degree in Life Science, Science, Business, Engineering or related field.
- Certification in Project Management (PMP) / Prince2 or on track to obtain certification within first year of employment
- +3 years in biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry, CRO/CMO highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience or management of the Complete Pharmaceutical Drug Development Life Cycle.
- Experience managing client-facing projects.
- Experience leading cross-functional team.
- Proven project/program management skills (e.g., resource planning, schedule management, critical path planning, project team communication, and risk mitigation).
Knowledge and skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Effective in working within a matrix organization and directly with clients, operational, quality & other project support departments and commercial teams, locally and globally
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills with complex information and priorities
- Ability to exercise good judgment
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent information management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project and Microsoft PowerPoint is preferable
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.