ORTEC is the world’s largest supplier of optimization software, advanced analytics and consulting services. For nearly 40 years, we have helped more than 1,200 leading companies optimize supply chains through fleet routing and dispatch, vehicle and pallet loading, workforce scheduling, delivery forecasting and network planning. We make our customer’s business more efficient, more predictable, and more effective by turning complex challenges into easy-to-use solutions.
ORTEC was named a Top Workplace in 2020 and 2021 by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. This honor was achieved because we support our employees in finding their strengths and ultimately, we believe that our success is driven by you.
Our Team & CultureORTEC has approximately 1,000 employees worldwide and offices in 13 countries around the globe. Our main office in North America is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with a second office in Houston, TX with potentially other locations expected to open in the future. From our US offices we support companies of all sizes (from Fortune 500 to smaller regional businesses) in various industries throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. We also work with our international customers by regularly supporting our European offices.
Our employees are recognized as the driving force behind our success. They usually have a master’s or bachelor’s degree, a strongly developed talent for analytical thinking and a drive to identify and solve complex problems. ORTEC’s culture is open and informal, driven to promote collaboration and provide significant ownership and responsibility throughout your career.
We offer a pleasant and challenging work environment where employees are encouraged to take ownership of their personal development. We believe it is important our employees get the opportunity to bring out the best in themselves while maintaining a good work-life balance. Our growth and success can only be achieved through happy employees.
What does an (Junior) Implementation Consultant at ORTEC do?
You will be assigned to 1 – 3 projects at a time and will play an important role in the implementation of ORTEC software at medium to large customers. This all under leadership of a more experienced ORTEC lead consultant. On smaller projects/enhancements, an implementation consultant can act as lead and be the owner of the technical delivery of the solution. In this role you will interact frequently with the project teams on customer side and ORTEC’s support teams oversees.
Your tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Participate in requirements gathering sessions to understand business needs
- Work closely with the ORTEC project manager, lead consultant and solution architect during the different stage of software implementation life cycle:
- Master data import and export
- Creation of interfaces using SQL, XML and XSL
- Configuration of the software and effective deployment through various customer environments
- Front end (GUI) configuration of the software
- Creation and execution of internal test scenarios
- Support System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing
- Conduct Training (train-the-trainer, technical training)
- Prepare user documentation.
- Analysis of reported defects in the software and problem solving
- Support Go live and Hypercare
- Transitions project to Global Customer Support
- Works closely with other ORTEC teams (support, product development and sales), customer IT and business teams and 3rd party organizations to ensure successful project completion and high customer satisfaction
- Recognize commercial opportunities and shares ideas about project and product improvement
You will be based in the Atlanta office with possible travel to customer sites.
This role might fit you if:
You have an educational and professional background that includes a degree in a field related to Industrial Engineering, Business/Management Information systems, Operations Research or (Applied) Mathematics or Information Technology.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship (H1B sponsorship is not available for this position)
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree with a technical background
- 0-6 years of relevant work experience
- Good general IT knowledge
- Prior experience with business software is preferred
- Desirable knowledge in the following: SQL, XML/XSL, JIRA, GIT
- General understanding of supply chain and logistics
- Able to communicate effectively to all levels in a highly professional manner (customers, management, business and technical personnel)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with orientation to detail
- Reliable, motivated, well-organized, goal getter
- Positive and pro-active attitude
- Ambitious fast learner with the ability to work autonomously
- Result driven and customer oriented
- Inquisitive mind, curious, creative and enthusiastic about sharing your ideas and knowledge
- Innovative approach: searching for efficiencies is second nature to you
Benefits and Perks:Beyond a stellar work environment, friendly people and inspiring work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other benefit plans
- 401(k) match
- 17 days Paid Time Off, 11 paid Holidays, 10 days of sick leave plus every month half day off on Friday
- Flexible work schedule
- Due to pandemic, if preferred, our current Covid-19 policy allows employees to work from home,
- Teambuilding events
- Volunteering Events
- Free onsite fitness center
Growth opportunityWe offer a tailor-made growth path for the right candidates. Your development will be monitored and reviewed multiple times a year, so you can grow into a position that matches your ambition. Due to our current growth potential and impressive track record, there are many opportunities available.
Will YOU join our team?
ORTEC International USA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- H-1B sponsorship is not available for this position.