Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
The Product team uses creativity, insights, and operational excellence to steer our product vision across Snap Inc. This team of designers, scientists, and product managers work in a highly collaborative environment to build the products and experiences that bring our community together in new and special ways.
We’re looking for a Design Engineer to join Snap Inc!
- What you’ll do:
- Work closely with the product design team to create and iterate on new prototypes
- Work closely with engineering teams to transform prototypes into shippable products
- Work with user researchers to test new ideas and iterate on feedback
- Present work directly to the CEO and company leadership
- Push the limits of mobile and wearable devices and create excellent user experiences
- Build fun, innovative products that impact the direction of the company
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Solid understanding of real time AR and 3D systems and processes
- Knowledge of computer vision systems and pipelines
- Familiarity with 3D math, linear algebra, 3D geometry, graphics, and rendering
- Ability to prototype interactive spatial experiences
- You are able to build, repurpose, or integrate technology in previously unknown ways to create completely new experiences
- You help orchestrate and build tools to increase the velocity of other designs and engineers and improve the art and science of Spatial Design.
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles — and the ability to know when it’s fine to abandon them for a quick proof-of-concept
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. You’ll be expected to clearly communicate design decisions to leadership, the rest of the team, and to engineers
- A creative problem solver who has lots of ideas and sees solutions when most would not
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous work environment
- Ability to quickly dive into an unfamiliar, complex codebase
- Capable of acting as a Product Manager when needed
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy
- Minimum Qualifications:
- BS/BA in a technical field such as computer science or equivalent years of experience
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Proficiency with spatial design, prototyping and development software (e.g. Lens Studio, Figma, Blender, C4D, Unity)
- Bringing something new to the table: whether that’s a new perspective on our product, a unique understanding of a particular field, or expertise in something like AI, CV, ML, 3D graphics, HCI, etc.
- Passion for Snap Inc. products!
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.
Our Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid maternity & paternity leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!