Maintenance TechnicianReports to: Maintenance Manager
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
BASIC FUNCTIONThis position is responsible for making needed repairs, calibrations and preventive maintenance to production equipment and facility when applicable.
This position reports to the Maintenance Manager and or Supervisor.
This position works directly with other team members as well supervisors and managers. It frequently interacts with Production, Quality, Engineering, and Demand Chain.
- Safely and effectively complete required maintenance task while adhering to OSHA and SKF requirements
- Maintain work area in a manner that is consistent to 5’s requirements.
- Open, generate and close assigned work orders using API Pro system.
Accurately report time and material used to perform assigned maintenance task.
- Perform corrective and preventive maintenance to production equipment in a timely matter to insure minimal down time.
- Assist in spare parts optimization and resourcing.
- Coordinate scheduled repairs and calibrations with production to ensure minimal production interruptions.
- Provide on call, after hours support when required by Manager.
- Participate in employee training.
- Comply with SKF Group policies and maintain a positive work environment.
RequirementsThis position requires hands-on experience and the necessary expertise to fulfill the requirements of this position.
- 2+yrs of experience repairing and troubleshooting production equipment.
- Injection molding or CNC experience is a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot PLC systems.
- Ability to safely operate power and hand tool as needed.
- Must provide a good condition tool set.
- Basic knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical schematics is a must.
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of 5’s.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Capacity to work all needed overtime in order to complete repairs.
- Must be proficient in English.
- Must be in good standing - no previous disciplinary actions in six months, meeting performance and attendance expectations, and a positive perception/example amongst team members.
What You’ll Love About SKF:Rest and Relaxation. Enjoy a robust PTO policy and 13 paid holidays!
Health and Wellness Benefits. SKF cares about the wellbeing of our employees. Many options for best in class medical and dental plans to fit your needs; a wellness plan that includes biometric screening and health risk assessment for you and your spouse and incentives for healthy living!
Invest in your Future. SKF offers amazing retirement options! Participate in our 401K program that boasts a 100% match up to 5% of your elected contribution (100% Vested). And regardless of your participation, SKF automatically contributes 5% into your account per pay period (3 Years Vesting).
Much more! Growth opportunities, tuition reimbursement, voluntary critical illness coverage, voluntary legal plan, employee assistance program, life insurance, vehicle discount programs, mobile phone discounts, and with so many benefits to working for SKF, we could not name them all!