SummaryPosted: Sep 21, 2021
People here at Apple don’t just create products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do! An opportunity exists for an ambitious, highly motivated Data Scientist to join the Supply Demand Execution (SDE) team! This team sits in the wider Operations team, based at Apple’s European HQ in Cork, Ireland. The SDE team are responsible for order execution excellence end to end, driving frictionless execution of Apple’s strategic shipment goals. You will use expert data analytics, visualisation & predictive models to innovate and build solutions that optimise processes, deliver operational efficiency, and support the business in key decision making. If you think strategically, enjoy solving problems and have a passion for continuous process improvement, this is role for you.
Key Qualifications Key Qualifications
- Practical experience with and theoretical understanding of algorithms for classification, regression, clustering, and anomaly detection
- Advanced expertise in statistical coding languages (e.g. Python, R, Java) with proven track record of hands-on application and meeting deadlines
- Extraordinary data analytical skills, including the ability to model, interpret and visualise data
- Ability to extract meaningful business insights from data and identify the stories behind the patterns
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to achieve precise system execution of supply chain strategies via solutions implemented
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, both written and verbal – ability to present complex topics to executive teams in a non-technical manner
- Demonstrate initiative, adaptability and problem-solving skills in a changing and dynamic environment
- Strong work ethic, perseverance, flexibility and ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced, highly-matrixed environment
- Work with internal teams to understand deeply the critical execution activities. Analyse complex data, determine compelling opportunities to influence execution, and translate those requirements into technical solutions - Leveraging data science techniques, optimise processes and deliver innovation as part of the SDE strategy for execution excellence - Develop anomaly detection and early alert systems through analytical insights in our execution data set. Define assignable actions ensuring a seamless exceptions based approach - Deliver predictive and simulation “what if” analysis solutions which can assist to inform the teams on future plans and strategy - Ensure operational and business metric health by monitoring production data points - Cultivate relationships & lead within teams through heightened business insight and consumer focus
Education & Experience Education & Experience
- BSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science or similar discipline - MSc / PhD in a relevant field a distinct benefit.
Additional Requirements Additional Requirements