SummaryPosted: Sep 22, 2021
Would you like to join Apple’s growing wireless silicon development team? Do you like hard problems? Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) space vehicles transmit the power of a lightbulb, they are 13,000 miles away, and are moving four kilometers per second. The received signals are commonly one hundred times weaker than cosmic microwave background radiation left over from the Big Bang and arrive next to interfering signals ten billion times stronger, just few MHz away. Our GNSS team is part of Apple's cellular SoC team. We are a vertically coordinated engineering team spanning RF, mixed signal analog design, systems engineering, RTL design, DV, firmware and software engineering, test, and validation. Our focus is on highly energy efficient and robust GNSS receiver design. We develop GNSS technology that touches hundreds of millions of lives, something we are passionate about. We’d like you to consider being a part of our team. As a GNSS Validation Engineer, you will be a key member of our highly innovative GNSS design team, developing GNSS technology and SoC for novel ultra-low-power location-based applications.
Key Qualifications Key Qualifications
- Experience in wireless SoC or system validation is a must.
- Knowledge of wireless SoC, microprocessor, memory, peripherals, I/O characterization.
- Experience with digital interfaces such as USB/SPMI/SPI/UART/I2C/JTAG.
- Familiarity with lab equipment such as logic analyzer, spectrum analyzer, signal generators, etc.
- Experience with version control (Git) and issue tracking tools (JIRA).
- Validation knowledge of wireless system, digital signal processing and statistics is preferable.
- Strong Python programming required, C/C++ and other scripting preferred.
- Experience of hardware design, verification, board design, FPGA, schematics/layout is a plus.
- GNSS/GPS validation experience preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Develop automated test frameworks for GNSS Measurement Engine (ME) validation. - Test plan preparation, design, develop and execute test suites, generate race chart. - Quantify functional, stress, and key performance indicators of GNSS ME firmware. - Writing test FW to validate the SoC. - Debugging and reproducing the HW and FW issue with primary analysis. - Generate detailed test report for performance and functional test. - Collaborate with the system, FW, verification, FPGA, test automation and cross-functional teams. - Carry out board testing in the lab. - GNSS field testing and data collection.
Education & Experience Education & Experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronics or Communication degree.
Additional Requirements Additional Requirements